Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Return to the kitchen

That's right, I'm back.  It's been a long hiatus.  But I'm back just in time for the Summer eating season (who am I kidding, I eat an equally excessive amount in all the seasons).


This recipe from the New York Times nutrition section got bookmarked awhile ago.  (Did someone send me the link?  If so, thanks!) I like a bit o' quinoa** now and then, and I'm always looking for a way to do it differently.  And of course, I can't get enough of Asian-flavoured dishes.


So here it is:   

Quinoa with shrimp


A few modifications:  less onion; sesame seeds instead of sesame oil; panfried a bag of small shrimp instead of throwing some large shrimp on the barbie.      

**I just now realized I didn't blog about quinoa (pronounced keen-wa... well, at least that's how I pronounce it) before... I have two or three recipes now.  It's a very nutritious ancient grain.  Tons of protein.  Nice and juicy.  It's kind of like a more hydrated cous-cous but not as heavy.  You should read up on it.

1 comments:

Margie said...Best Blogger Tips

I am going to try it sometime ! It was Receipes for Health. The old link was

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/series/recipes_for_health/index.html

Post a Comment