Recent Posts

Monday, March 7, 2011

PEI Bound

Home, I'm comin' home!  Found out today I'll be starting work on Prince Edward Island in July... and I could not be happier!!

More potatoes

This song was originally written by my sister.  I hope she won't mind that I channelled my enthusiasm about moving to PEI into writing a few new lines.  

P-r-i-n-c-e
E-d-w-a-r-d
I-s-l-a-n-d
P.E.I get ready for me!

The water's blue and the soil is red
There's lots of places to lay your head
We are famous for a girl named Anne
And we (used to) have a pop-can ban


We've got Lennie Gallant and Stompin' Tom
Two Hours Traffic and Tim Chaisson
You'll tap your toes at the ceilidh hall
At Baba's Lounge you'll be having a ball


There are oysters laying in their oyster bed
And big crowds swimming at Basin Head
There's lots of lobster and lots of tuna
Lots of Keith's and lots of Schooner


P-r-i-n-c-e
E-d-w-a-r-d
I-s-l-a-n-d
P.E.I get ready for me!


[sung to the tune of This Old Man]

3 comments:

Sarah Jones said...Best Blogger Tips

A great day and a great song. That is one very lucky island!

Margie said...Best Blogger Tips

Couldn't be happier that you are returning to the Island. A dream come true for PARG

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

Hi Laura...While you're home, you should get your friends together and hit Spinnakers' Landing in Summerside and take a SEGWAY tour. Its the newest coolest way to see the waterfront!

Post a Comment